The followings are places to visit when you go on holidays in Tenerife, Canary Islands, Spain:
- Plaza de Espana is the location of the tourist office as well as the local government headquarters (Cabildo Insular) You will also find the Museo Arqueologico with exhibits pertaining to the life and death rituals of the Guanche society.
- Museo Municipal de Bellas Artes contains several Spanish and Flemish works.
- Iglesia Matriz de la Concepcion (Church of the Immaculate Conception), dating from the early 16th century, is the town’s most important historical building.
- La Laguna is the second largest town in Tenerife and most noted as the ecclesiastic and cultural capital of the island, points of interest here include the Cathedral of La Laguna Iglesia de nuestra Senora de la Concepcion , and the Plaza del Adalentado
- La Orotava is one of the better preserved old towns with stately mansions, historic churches and cobble stone streets. One can also get excellent views of the famous Orotava Valley.
- Las Canadas National Park (Mt. Teide) is the highlight of Tenerife as well as one of the most visited parks in all of Spain. on your way to Mt. teide, you will drive through the Las Canadas, a baren volcanic rock and mineral area created by millions of years of vocanic activity. A cable car will be at the 12, 195 ft (3,717 m) summit. On a clear day, you can see all other Canary Islands as well as the coast of North Africa.
- Los Cristianos and Playa de Las Americas are two of the most famous resort areas with beautiful beaches and a variety of restaurants (mostly German or British).