Europe is very well-known for its cultural inheritance of the world. Therefore, never miss the following great museums and galleries:
- British Museum, London. You can see a lot of collection of antiquities and other artifacts from all over the world in this museum. You can also enjoy fascinating display of mummies and other exhibits from Ancient Egypt.
- Louvre, Paris. This gallery is the house of the Mona Lisa and the Venus de Milo. The Louvre also houses Jean Watteau's melancholy study Gilles or Pierrot.
- Kunsthistoricsches Museum, Vienna. This museum houses archaeology, paintings, and sculpture.
- Pergamon Museum, Berlin. This museum houses a collection of antiquities including the famous blue-tiled Ishtar Gate from Babylon.
- Prado, Madrid. The former royal collection in Madrid contains the finest assembly of Spanish paintings in the world.
- Rijksmuseum, Amsterdam. This museum is known for its Rembrandts and other great Dutch paintings of the 17th century.
- Uffizi, Florence. This gallery displays masterpiece such as The Annunciation by da Vinci.
- Vatican Museums, Rome. This vast papal museum holds great paintings by Michelangelo and Raphael.